9.01.2009

Let's get cookin': Lime & Garlic Shrimp


Lately I have had this craaaazy urge to cook.... I think it's partly do to the fact that I'm fasting-and when I'm fasting I love surrounding myself with food!...It's weird- I know, but I love watching people eat, I love watching cooking shows, and the smells of all the spices and ingredients when I cook---mmmmmmmmmm! I feel less hungry for some odd reason!

Anywhooo back to the topic at hand---I think I want to start recommending recipes that I come across! So here we go...

Here's one that I saw today.....looks YUUMMMY :) (I love shrimp!)


Ingredients you'll need:

1. 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
2. 2 tablespoons lime juice
3. 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
4. 8 cloves garlic, minced, divided
5. 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
6. 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper, divided
7. 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

Cooking Directions:


1. Place shrimp in a medium nonreactive bowl and toss with lime juice, 1/4 cup cilantro, half the garlic, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.

2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, marinade and remaining garlic; cook until the shrimp are just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; add the remaining 1/4 cup cilantro, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon red pepper. Toss to combine.

Yield: 6 servings



Wow that doesn't take long at all!! And sounds yuuummm--yyyy! I’d recommend a cool lemony-icy drink with it……Try it out, and let us know how it turned out!

2 comments:

  1. US?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!!?!??! is M more than one person?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nooooo there's just the ONE and ONLY M :)

    The "us" was referring to anyone that might like to read your post to see how your dish turned out

    ReplyDelete