6.30.2009

6 Songs Used to Torture & Intimidate

I think we all have experienced the same songs playing over and over and OVER again (ahem... 99.7... ahem). Now imagine hearing that same irritating song non-stop for days!…This is a controversial method of torture used by the United States (and other countries, I'm sure) to get the answers they want from prisoners. We've all seen this done in action movies and shows like 24, Le Femme Nakita (oo I loved that show :)) but do you know the top rated songs on this billboard??

“An article by an NYU musicologist in the Journal of the Society for American Music details how music was regularly used in interrogations on bases in Iraq and Afghanistan as a method of inducing disorientation to get suspects to talk without inflicting physical force.”

Here are the 6 Songs often used in Guantanamo Bay to get a confession: (I would assume trance songs and heavy metal music would be used as well---that’s what I’d suggest…)




1. Bruce Springsteen’s “Born in the USA”




2. Christina Aguilera’s “Dirrty”





3. Nancy Sinatra’s “These Boots Were Made for Walking”.






4. AC/DC’s “Shoot to Thrill” and “Hells Bells”






5. Anything by Barry Manilow







6. Barney the Dinosaur’s “I Love You” ← THE WORST IN MY OPINION





Most of these songs I’d give up names, locations and my freedom after 30 seconds!---I think it’s safe to say no terrorist organization will be recruiting my services anytime soon..

No comments:

Post a Comment