6.26.2009

MICHAEL JACKSON IS DEAD!!


I couldn't believe it...I woke up this morning by a txt from my friend, H, in the states: "Michael Jackson is dead!"

It was unbelievalble! I was supposed to go see him in concert this summer in London! (thank god M II and I didnt buy tickets yet!)

His legacy and King of Pop status will go down in history. Beginning in a band with his brothers, the Jackson 5, at the young age of 11, he later broke off into a solo career topping the charts with almost every album! In his 40 year career his record sales exceeded 350 million records worldwide! Some of my MJ favorites include : thriller, billy jean, black or white, and bad....

Unfortunately, at the end of his life things started going down hill for the King, with accusations of child molestation. First case occured in the 90s which apparently ended in a $20million settlement. But other cases of abuse came forward in 2003, only for him to later be acquitted. He also fell into serious debt having to give up his Neverland Ranch (where most of the absue was said to have occured).

Yet the public couldn't get enough of Jackson and people where lining up for his said last concert tour in London this summer. (INCLUDING ME!)






My thoughts:

I will miss his dearly as an artist! As I'm sure most of the world will. His songs, his performances--we couldn't get enough! As for the accusations about him having molested children, I'm on the fence on that one. His other bazaar behavior like the plastic surgeries, his lifestyle, his unique ability to turn from a black to white man, the fact he named his sons the same name (one is called Prince Michael I and the other Prince Michael II) and other weird stories about the King are just unfortunate. I will miss him for when he was on top, not at the end.

Wow I can't believe he's gone! A world without MJ....May he rest in peace.

Click here to view an image slideshow of the King of Pop.

No comments:

Post a Comment