12.24.2009

AVATAR

Yesterday I went with L and B to see AVATAR! and I LOVED IT!

A quick synopsis:

The film follows Jake Sully (Sam Worthington), a paralyzed war veteran who gets called to duty on the planet of Pandora. Because of the planet's hostile atmosphere, humans have genetically grown half-alien/half-human bodies which they can jack their consciousnesses into and explore the world in.

On a chance meeting after getting separated from his team, Jake's Avatar is rescued by Neytiri (Zoe Saldana), a Na'vi princess, who brings him into her tribe in order to give the humans a second chance at relating to this new environment. Yet as Jake becomes one with the tribe and begins to understand the secrets of Pandora, his conscience is torn between his new adopted world and the wheelchair-bound one awaiting him when the psychic connection to his Avatar is broken.


Things I loved:

-the world of the Na'vi--the way they look, live, feel, their whole world is BEAUTIFUL
-the attention to detail--the landscape, the plants, the animals, even the bugs were soo interesting I loved it!

Things I didnt like:

-I wish the Na'vi invented different weapons than bow and arrows---I wish it was COMPLETELY unique and no similarity to humans
-I wish we saw more of the relationship between Jake and Neytiri

Things I noticed:

-It kinda reminded me of Native Americans...
-The pro-environment tone of the movie....makes you think about helping our planet

All in all: I RECOMMEND IT! and dont miss the obvious underlying message of the film of how we are killing our planet! remember people recycle!! dont litter! save water and electricity! plant a tree! lets make our world beautiful :)---->(wow i sound positive like p0ach!)

2 comments:

  1. everyones a film critic huh M?! :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your post before watching the movie...still loved it but couldnt get over the bows and arrows thing.
    You were so right...the Na'vi took more of a beating than Rihanna

    ReplyDelete