12.27.2009

Dont TXT while you drive!


Over the weekend an old friend of my family lost her son in a car accident. He was walking to his own car parked on the street when a girl, who at time had been texting, wasn't paying attention and hit him--killing him instantly in front of his twin brother. He wasn't more than 19 years old.

I'll admit that I text every now and then while I drive, in addition to talking on the phone...and from now on I'm going to make a big effort to stop doing that.

FYI: A study showed that people are 23 times more likely to get in an accident when they are text messaging. And I'm sure there are more studies out there that have higher statistics.

So I advice you guys to think twice before you txt, because chances are whatever your texting isn't more important than your life or of those on the road with you. Keep your conversations short when talking and simply do not text while driving--there is obviously no way your eye or your concentration is on the road.

4 comments:

  1. allah yirhama inshalla! this is very sad, i am sorry for your lose, and my prayers go out to his family. this is a tragedy. what happened to the girl?

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sad...ppl shouldnt be texting while driving period! if she put her phone down this poor boy would be alive!

    she has blood on her hands, hope she hangs high!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God rest his soul inshalla! I will never text while driving again.

    thanx M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Damn...deff guilty of doing it too many times. i feel i have to learn the hard way to mend my ways but I hope it never gets to that.
    New years resolution no texting and driving (or at least keep it to an absolute minimum)

    ReplyDelete